Friday 3 May 2013

Gosh Smokey Eyeshadow

Hello lovely ladies! 

Today I am going to be reviewing a product I purchased on a whim whilst browsing the counters at my local superdrug. 
Back in my late teens (17/18/19) my signature going out look included a very smokey eye using a variety of silver, deep grey and black *gulp* eyeshadows..and I thought I looked the business. Turns out I didn't...*sadface*. 
When I look back at pictures from that time in my life, I genuinely cringe at how awful the smokey eye looked...it didn't flatter my skintone, didn't make my peepers sparkle...all it really did was make me look like a young girl who had gotten loose in her mothers makeup! As I got older (and wiser??) , I began to take a more neutral approach to my eye makeup and began experimenting with the browns, golds, champagnes and found them to be much more flattering on the eye...thats where this palette comes in....


This cost £7.99 from Superdrug and I thought it would be a nice addition to my expanding neutrals collection....meh, I got that one wrong!! 
I'm not gonna lie, I don't particularly like this pallet and I think its been on my eyes a grand total of, erm....once!! 
The very first stripe is barely pigmented (or maybe its just my snow white skin..?) so it's pretty much useless, I may aswell swipe a bare finger across my lids! And secondly, the colours are all matte :( I find matte eyeshadows quite hard to work with as I find them rather unforgiving and harsh...not my cup of tea at all unfortunately - but hey! if you like a matte eyeshadow, this palette could be a friendly addition to your make up bag! 

look at that left swatch....hardly anything!! :( The other shades don't look as matte on these swatches, but trust me, they are! Maybe it's just my glowing skin? HA! I Wish! 


Last but not least you don't even get an applicator with the palette (say whaaaat?!) luckily I have my own stash of trusty brushes but still, a girl expects an applicator! 

Right well I'm going to love you and leave you's before I turn into a right negative nelly about this palette...and nobody likes to listen to a moaner, but at least I am being honest...right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...